GEAR INDICATOR FAULT

• badboymarcus
  • 1995 Cadillac Deville
  • automatic

What does gear indicator fault mean how can I fix it and where is it located at to repair it can you show me a digram or picture of it.

Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 3:51 PM

• factoryjack

Gear indicator fault is usually not a cause for concern, as there is almost no warning to the driver that there is a problem. It could just be adjustment of the PRNDL switch.

+1
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 6:42 PM
  • badboymarcus

How do you adjust it and where is it located at. Can you show me a digram or picture

+1
Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 7:55 PM
  • cadieman

The neutral switch is on the transaxle where the shift cable hooks to the tranny. The switch is most likely bad. Its under where the shift cable hooks to the tranny. There are 2 13 mm screws to adjust the switch. Turn the key on and the shifter in reverse. Align the neutral switch so the reverse lights are on then tighten the 2 bolts its adjusted. Recheck that the reverse lights are operating. Push the off and warmer buttons on a/c panel. When u see all segments lit then release. Check for a po91 or eo91. Bad neutral switch. This will keep the cruise from working

Saturday, July 16th, 2011 AT 9:52 PM
  • ramonmendez

I have a 1995 Cadillac DeVille transmission will not cross from second year to third gear what can I do to fix it.

Friday, December 14th, 2012 AT 7:34 PM
  • cadieman

Push off and warmer on the AC panel. When you see all segments light release and the codes will be on the fuel center. You will need to start here. And come back

Monday, December 17th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM