GEAR INDICATOR FAULT

1995 Cadillac Deville

badboymarcus

July, 16, 2011 AT 3:51 PM

What does gear indicator fault mean how can I fix it and where is it located at to repair it can you show me a digram or picture of it.

factoryjack

July, 16, 2011 AT 6:42 PM

Gear indicator fault is usually not a cause for concern, as there is almost no warning to the driver that there is a problem. It could just be adjustment of the PRNDL switch.

badboymarcus

July, 16, 2011 AT 7:55 PM

How do you adjust it and where is it located at. Can you show me a digram or picture

cadieman

July, 16, 2011 AT 9:52 PM

The neutral switch is on the transaxle where the shift cable hooks to the tranny. The switch is most likely bad. Its under where the shift cable hooks to the tranny. There are 2 13 mm screws to adjust the switch. Turn the key on and the shifter in reverse. Align the neutral switch so the reverse lights are on then tighten the 2 bolts its adjusted. Recheck that the reverse lights are operating. Push the off and warmer buttons on a/c panel. When u see all segments lit then release. Check for a po91 or eo91. Bad neutral switch. This will keep the cruise from working

ramonmendez

December, 14, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

I have a 1995 Cadillac DeVille transmission will not cross from second year to third gear what can I do to fix it.

cadieman

December, 17, 2012 AT 5:34 PM

Push off and warmer on the AC panel. When you see all segments light release and the codes will be on the fuel center. You will need to start here. And come back

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma