95 DEVILLE ACM WHERE IS IT LOCATED AND HOW DO YOU REMOVE IT

1995 Cadillac Concours

trudrew

April, 7, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

My blower isnt working. I replaced it with 3 different blowers thinking faulty blowers.I grounded the blower it turns on full blast. Test light says im getting power too. I need to replace the acm for it next im told by a friend. Where is it located and how to you remove it.

Rear Blower Not Working

April, 7, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Before you spends lots of money on this, why dont you get a opinion from a real tech to confirm the failure. There are many possibilities that it could be but dont jump the gun till you can point at a part and sy that is the failure.
Guessing is expensive and most times wrong.

trudrew

April, 7, 2012 AT 8:38 PM

I did ask a mechanic and he told me if the car does not have a resistor( and from what I read it doesnt) so he told me it was either the digital control panel or the acm(which from what I understand is also called the programmer). So what would you suggest I do? I have changed all the fuses and relays(all were good though)

April, 7, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

A shop with a scan tool can acess the system and see what is working and not working.

The Heater and A/C Programmer is located behind RH side of Instrument Panel (I/P), on RH side of Plenum

Thats where it is but you need help to confirm the failure

trudrew

April, 8, 2012 AT 10:06 AM

Ok I understand where its located but how do you remove it?Do I have to remove the dash pad first or what do I do to remove it? Any help is greatful as I do not have the money to spend the 700 the mechanics want to fix it and im very handy but dont want to risk braking anything else? I need this car for my two jobs and I have a baby due in july. So cash is very tight.

April, 8, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

You remove the glove box and the lower cover to gain acess.

trudrew

April, 14, 2012 AT 1:44 AM

What does the acp or acm look like do you have a link to pictures im desperate.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe