IS THE MECHANIC TRYING TO TRICK ME?

1994 Toyota Celica

kelsann456

I just got my wheel bearing replaced, and they said I also needed new Calipers and brake pads. I hadn't noticed a problem before, but now my brake pedal is practically to the floor. Is there anything they could have done to make it seem like now I need my brakes done?

Wrenchtech

If you don't trust him, get a second opinion from another shop.

Why would you want to think of that, the man has to make a living and doing that its not good for him-Its quality not quantity on this type of business in order to be successful. Like Wrench said get a 2nd opinion somewhere else-

kelsann456

Well, I have gone to them before, and I pay outrageous prices for their services. The reason I think it is, due to the fact that I didn't have any problems with the brake prior, now the pedal is almost to the floor, I drove it around the block and now the tire which the wheel bearing was replaced makes a squealing noise. I wouldn't WANT to think this, I am just dealing with the facts.

Wrenchtech

No, you're not dealing with the facts. You're making uninformed assumptions. I'm not saying they are or they aren't because I don't have any facts and neither do you. I'll say it again, if you don't trust then, get a second opinion.

kelsann456

Actually, thank you for your help, but the facts are; my brake pedal is almost to the ground and now make a squealing noise. The fact IS, that this was NOT a problem prior to bringing the car in. I asked a simple question, and you are kind of being a***** about it. I received much more helpful and courteous replies from another site so I no longer want your responses. Sorry I joined this website, you are obviously too biased for a decent response.

The mechanic must be stupid/dumb/ignorant or brainless to do such thing-knowing the fact -that an accident might happen and cause lives-and when thoroughly investigated and the finger points at him-he's in a world of hurt-you get rich and he goes to prison.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150
Serpentine Belt Replacement