STILL READING CODE 32 EVEN AFTER REPLACING EGR VALVE, WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?

1994 Saturn SL1

dmartin321

May, 21, 2012 AT 6:29 PM

After pulling the codes off my 94 Saturn sl1 sohc, it came up with code 32 and 35, which are erg system fault and high rev, respectively. The car would rev to over 2000 when in natural or when I had the clutch disengaged. I could pull the gas petal towards me and the rpm would slowly decline but sometimes climb right back up. After I replaces the egr valve there was no change. Please someone let me know what I should do next, Thank you.

saturntech9

May, 21, 2012 AT 7:48 PM

Did you inspect the vaccuum hoses on the back of the throttle body that supplies vaccum to the egr?Its common for those hose to rot out over time. Especially the one that goes to the map sensor. Also check your pcv hose that goes from the intake manifold to the pcv. They split and leak vaccuum. Let me kwow what you find.

saturntech9

May, 21, 2012 AT 7:48 PM

Also when you removed the egr valve did you make sure the egr ports wernt clogged?