94 WITH NO ELECTRICAL POWER.

1994 Pontiac Sunbird

iamweasel

April, 7, 2011 AT 6:52 PM

I have a 94 Sunbird 2.0 that ran fine a couple weeks ago, I went to drive it out of storage the other day and it appeared the battery died. I took a new battery from my S10 chevy just to start it and move it and I still got absolutely nothing. No lights, no clicking from the starter, nothing at all. Now if I hook a battery charger to the battery I get lights and the starter will click a bit. The terminals on the battery end are clean with brand new terminal bolts. I put the battery back inot the S10 and it started right up, so it's not a battery issue in and of itself.
I'm lost on this one, any help would be great.

M_H_RITZEL

July, 5, 2011 AT 2:55 PM

Start with the battery and even though you say they are clean reclean them. Make sure the ground is good and clean and tight. I have seen what appears to be a clean ground make a car have enough power to work the light but would not turn over. Work your way through the wiring to make sure ever thing is tight.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang