TEMP GUAGE FLUCTUATES

• Jay Davis
  • 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix

I justt changed both head gaskets, intake gaskets, Temp sender, and thermostat. Bled the air out of the system, and test drove it. The temp guage shows 180 degrees when driving and increases to 210 when idling. I flushed out the radiator with a garden hose while I had it out. What do you think would cause this temperature fluctuation?

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

• rivermikerat

Less air across the radiator. That's normal. More airflow means more cooling. Less airflow means less cooling. Simple physics.

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 7:56 PM
  • rasmataz

Could be the water pump impeller worned out

Monday, February 6th, 2012 AT 8:38 PM
  • wenzelsam

I have a 99 pontiac grand prix the gas gauge fluxuates bad everytime I turn corners and slowly comes back to what the actual amount of gas is in the car should I look at changing the fuel float

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 AT 12:56 AM
  • rivermikerat

No. As you turn corners, the gas moves to one side or the other. With the float for the sending unit aligned closer to one side of the tank than the other, as the fuel sloshes, the float level will go up and down, causing the gauge to indicate incorrectly for a few seconds.

Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 AT 9:46 PM