TEMP GUAGE FLUCTUATES

1994 Pontiac Grand Prix

Jay Davis

February, 6, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

I justt changed both head gaskets, intake gaskets, Temp sender, and thermostat. Bled the air out of the system, and test drove it. The temp guage shows 180 degrees when driving and increases to 210 when idling. I flushed out the radiator with a garden hose while I had it out. What do you think would cause this temperature fluctuation?

Temp Gauge

rivermikerat

February, 6, 2012 AT 7:56 PM

Less air across the radiator. That's normal. More airflow means more cooling. Less airflow means less cooling. Simple physics.

February, 6, 2012 AT 8:38 PM

Could be the water pump impeller worned out

wenzelsam

March, 14, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

I have a 99 pontiac grand prix the gas gauge fluxuates bad everytime I turn corners and slowly comes back to what the actual amount of gas is in the car should I look at changing the fuel float

rivermikerat

March, 14, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

No. As you turn corners, the gas moves to one side or the other. With the float for the sending unit aligned closer to one side of the tank than the other, as the fuel sloshes, the float level will go up and down, causing the gauge to indicate incorrectly for a few seconds.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230