WHITE SMOKE OUT OF OIL CAP AND EXHAUST

1994 Pontiac Firebird

jusxstar

August, 16, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

Ok I hve had white smoke coming out of the oil cap and and the exhaust of my car, it hasnt been run in a few months, but the motor was replaced a few months ago with a 75 nova engine bored 50 over so it has 400 horses but white smoke comes out of oil cap and exhaust and it had bout half oil pressure but after we let it run for like and hour trying to adjust the carbuerator it had none, why is this id appreciate an anser please

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:02 AM

Smoke out the oil cap is rings producing back pressre into the crankcase.

White smoke out the rear is mostly coolant burning. It may be condensation from sitting but a leak down test will confirm

jusxstar

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:04 AM

How much will it cost for a complete repair? Would you happen to know? Its a 1994 pontiac firebird with a 5.7 liter 400 horse engine in it

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:09 AM

We dont know what the problem is yet.

You need to confirm what is suggested before talking about pricing

jusxstar

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

How do I confirm it? Sorry im a broke teenage ho just got a free car and I have no idea what to do with it

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:13 AM

The tools required are expensive for the leak down test. It is cheaper to have someone do the test than buy the tools.

Get the basics done first before proceeding to any needed repairs.

jusxstar

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

Would I do better to trade it for an s10 or a small ford ranger? My folks just eep on telling me too but I love the cars body style, it needs new pain upholstery radio and a bunch of other stuff

August, 16, 2012 AT 3:20 AM

Your decision alone. Cant make that for you.

You need to find out the issue before doing anything.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla