REAR BRAKE LINE CUT TOO SHORT

• raymarquise
  • 1994 Plymouth Voyager

1994 Plymouth Voyager, 3.0L, Non ABS. I changed both rear wheel cylinders and one side brake line - from the flex hose to the wheel cylinder. I cut the brake line a bit too short. I connected it to the wheel cylinder, ran it around the leaf springs and pulled it tight to the flex hose connection. I got it connected, and bled and tested the brakes which are OK. There are no leaks at the wheel cylinder or the flex hose ends, but the line is tight, with no play. Is that OK, or should I remake a longer line and replace it, so there is some play?

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 1:42 PM

• ASEMaster6371

No, I think you should replace it again with the correct routing as when the vehicle shifts and moves, the line will fracture and break. Play it safe and repair it correctly.

Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 AT 2:24 PM
  • raymarquise

Hi,
I did route the line correctly - the same way the old line was routed. My concern is that the line is pulled tightly, and I wanted to know if that in itself will cause any problems.

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 AT 5:27 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Pulled tightly, yes, it needs slack to allow for movement

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 AT 11:43 AM