I BOUGHT A 1994 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS CIERA

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass

Anonymous

October, 30, 2012 AT 7:38 AM

I bought a 1994 oldsmobile cutlass ciera. About a month and half later I was driving in reverse for about 20 yards and my wheels locked up and skidded to a halt. When I pressed on the brake, my brake peddle was hard and not depressing, then when I tried shifting into drive it wouldnt shift easily into drive (I had to force it.) Finally I got it into drive and accelerated forword with no problem. But then 5 miles down the road my front wheels locked up completely. (Fwd) Would not move at all. Same problem as earlier with the reverse. I dont think its the transmission because when I would shift from (P) to (R) it would jump smoothly into gear. Same smooth jump when shifted into drive. I had power in the drive train, It wanted to go but the front wheels wouldnt give. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? And can I FIX IT MYSELF? Oh Yeah! Its not break pads cause break pads were not touching rotor. I also disconnected ABS Cables and still to no avail.

hmac300

October, 30, 2012 AT 1:34 PM

Have a pro look at this, it may be a hydraulic problem with brake system.

deonlogan

October, 30, 2012 AT 10:47 PM

Thanx for answering my question hmac300. That sounds more like what my problem is or at least a start. How much would a hydraulic system problem cost me?

hmac300

October, 30, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

I have no idea, due to what would be wrong with it and where you are in the country. It cold be your parking brake hanging up as well which would be cheaper to fix. I forgot about that.

Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Upper Control Arm Replacement