• Tiny
  • 94Achieva
  • 1994 Oldsmobile Achieva
  • 114,000 miles

An idiot power-washed my engine - hard.

Now the car makes a put-put noise, and has little power. It sounds like the engine may die when the gas pedal is not depressed.
Someone said it may be that the coil got wet. If so, will it dry out and be just fine, or do I need to replace the coil?

The person who did this came and looked at the car again and checked the spark plugs. There was water in the black tube things but he shook that water out.

I won't let him touch the car now. What do I do?

I'm a 62 year old woman who knows little about cars.

Thank you very, very much!


Do you
have the same problem?
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 6:57 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • saturntech9
  • Expert
  • 30,028 posts

So your spark plugs are sunk in where water can pool up?If so what you need to do is pop the spark plug wires off and bow all the water out of the spark plug wells with compressed air. Also blow the wires off simpling shaking the water off the spark plug wires still leaves all the water down in the spark plug wells. Then let the engine warm up and drive it around to finsh drying the water out. Then you should be ok.

Was this
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions