MY ENGINE IS TAPPING REAL BAD FROM UNDER THE ...

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max

ghawk122

March, 6, 2013 AT 6:17 PM

My engine is tapping real bad from under the head cover like the rocker arms are loose. It has plenty of oil preasure so I know it is getting oil. What do I do to repair are check to see if that is the problem?

hmac300

March, 6, 2013 AT 6:28 PM

First pull the cover off to see what is making noise, as we dont' have a max in u.S. Then it could be a follower or a camshaft if an overhead cam engine. It could also be a reocker as well. If it'smaking noise you should be able to see it.

ghawk122

March, 7, 2013 AT 12:51 AM

Wish they would have given me a answer from someone that knows about the 2.4 engine I asked about. Ended up go to the library and looking it up. Found that it has hydraulic adjusters in the rockers. They look like little bullets that go over the valves. I had two that where stuck and one that was wore out. Replaced all eight and the problem solved.

Thanks anyway

March, 7, 2013 AT 12:39 PM

Keep tab of the engine oil condition. Hydraulic lifters tends to fail easily when engine is heavily sludged.

hmac300

March, 7, 2013 AT 2:19 PM

Had you given engine size wwe cold have been more specific even if car not in u.S.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement