How can I tell if the 7

SIDEOILER
  • 1994 FORD F-450

How can I tell if the 7.3 diesel, is the original engine or not, is the vin # on the block, and where?

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 1:47 PM

You need a ford master parts catalog for that numbers are on front or gear cover rh

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 3:53 PM
SIDEOILER

The reply from your "expert" says I need a ford master parts catalogue for that answer, I say bullshit ! I want to know if that EXACT motor was the one that was installed in that particular truck AT THE FACTORY. NOT A MOTOR FROM THE SAME YEAR, not a motor from the next truck on the line, is it the exact motor? Again is the vin# on the motor or not. Possible answersyes----noI don't know! Thanx.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

I'm glad you know that we don't know what we are tlking about. That info I gave you was directly from ford. If they did put the vin on the motor which is normally done' with a laser tag piece of paper nowadays it would be right where I said it would happy hunting.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 6:28 PM