BOTH FUEL PUMPS WOULD NOT COME ON

1994 Ford F-150

pasefloors@gmail.com

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:26 AM

Hello I have a 1994 f-150 with a 4.9L and dual tanks. I shut off the truck and it would not start. Both fuel pumps would not come on. The fuel pumps will sometimes both work then when I shut off the truck and then they both wont hum when theyre priming. Ive changed the maxifuse the relay and the inertia switch. I can hear the relay clicking on when I first turn the key on. The only thing I havent changed is the tank selector switch but I took it out and made sure it had a secure fit. And when its working I can switch to either tank with no problem, then both will die. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Joe

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

The switching valve at the bottom is the only thing you have not changed. Check it and see if it is working

pasefloors@gmail.com

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help me out. Im not familiar with the switching valve. How would I check it and where is it located? Thanks again

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:40 AM

Under the truck. Find the fuel lines and they all come together at one point and the switch will allow one tank at a time to supply fuel.

You need a voltmeter to verify voltage and switching

pasefloors@gmail.com

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:48 AM

Thanks Roy, this is my first time to a mechanic forum and you where very helpful. This valve would have to be the problem I will test it in the morning. Thanks Joe

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:50 AM

Good luck

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe