I HAVE A 94 BRONCO AND THE TIRE SITS SLANTED IF ...

1994 Ford Bronco

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 3:33 AM

I have a 94 bronco and the tire sits slanted, if I remove the tire, the brakes and rotor all seem loose and move up and down, could you tell me what needs to be replaced?

October, 28, 2012 AT 3:38 AM

The wheel being tilted has to do with the suspension alignment. There are shims on the upper ball joint that can be adjusted,

as far as the rotor being loose, check the wheel bearings.

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 3:59 AM

Ok one person told me it is the bearings and another told me it is the control arm bushing, also would a bad alignment make the ball joint or wheel bearing go bad? Thanks!

October, 28, 2012 AT 4:04 AM

Were these people from a real shop?

Yes, a bad alignment would do this as well as worn aprts but you cannot align a car with worn out suspension parts.

fixitmr

October, 28, 2012 AT 4:09 AM

A bad alignment would likely be hard on your tires but should not have any bearing on your bearings. Haha

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 4:12 AM

Lol ok, also are the spindle bearings and wheel bearing the same?

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 4:28 AM

One more thing, its the passenger side, the driver side hub and rotor dont have any play and dont sit slanted!

October, 28, 2012 AT 5:14 AM

SOUNDS LIKE THE BALL JOINTS TO ME

I SURE WOULDN'T BE STILL DRIVING IT.......I MIGHT WOULD CREEP IT TO A SHOP AT 10-15 MPH

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-ford-explorer-car-shakes

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 5:55 AM

Im not and not going to drive it until I fix the problem, whatever it might be but if it is the ball joints, it looks like a hard job with only one person, if I lift the tuck on one side only and try to move the tire out and inward and it has play, its either the ball joints or bearings?

October, 28, 2012 AT 11:08 AM

Hold the tire at 3 and 9 o'clock. Shake the tire left and right. Move your hands to 12 and 6 0. Clock. Repeat process. If it is wheel bearings, the amount of travel should be similar.

While performing the above, note which area has movement.

Turn the wheel manually and test if the wheel wobbles. For wheel bearings failure, the brake pedal would seem low the first time you depress the pedal wihile driving and if you pump the pedal a second time the height would increase. There is a possibility you would feel the brake pedal pulsing and felt at steering wheel. If it is the arms, the brake pedal feel should not differ much.

jameskirkpatrick

October, 28, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

The hub and rotor ONLY moves up and down not left to right being held at 12 and 6

Safely Changing Your Spare Tire
Replace Tie Rod End
Upper Control Arm Replacement