TIMING BELT

1994 Dodge Shadow

jerrymh42

December, 14, 2013 AT 9:20 AM

My timing belt snapped on my 94 Dodge Shadow, I was doing about 40 mph. I replaced timing belt, aligned crankshaft and intermediate shaft notches and positioned #1 cylinder at TDC and the car won't start. Noticed that the intermediate shaft was very easy to turn, is that normal? Did some research and read that the intermediate shaft runs the oil pump and distributor. If my oil pump fails, would that effect my distributor and intermediate shaft? Was having a problem with oil delivery in the engine, oil light would be on for a good minute or so before going out and you could hear the lifters until the oil light went out. I've been checking oil regularly and that's been fine.

hmac300

December, 14, 2013 AT 10:06 AM

If you cold hear the lifters tha tis definitely not a good sign either bearigns are worn or something along the line of the pump recheck your dist timing it may boff if it is then there may be a n intermediate shaft problem.

jerrymh42

December, 14, 2013 AT 10:19 AM

The intermediate shaft runs the oil pump and distributor, right? What would happen if the oil pump fails?

hmac300

December, 14, 2013 AT 10:32 AM

Kiss your engine goodbye

Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe