I HAVING TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS! HELP! I JUST STARTED WORKING AND NEED THIS !

1994 Dodge Caravan

solangeecheverria

August, 4, 2012 AT 11:36 PM

Hi there, I have a 1994 dodge caravan SE, 6 cyl. It began stalling on me yesterday- in gear- I think it's the transmission-car was purchased used-I think it's the transmission. First question, how/where do I check the fluid level, 2, if low, what is recommnded, 3, if it's not the fluid, any ideas what I am in for cost wise?

August, 4, 2012 AT 11:44 PM

First, lets start with basics. It does not sounds like trans unless you are not giving us all the info.

Have the fuel pressure checked first.

solangeecheverria

August, 5, 2012 AT 1:42 AM

First, thank you. I have just started working again after being on unemployment for a while so I need to watch my Pennies.

No nothing else. I was driving and out stalled in gear. It's an automatic. Can I ask what you mean by basics? Am I to assume that you mean ask my mechanic to check the fuel pressure first before anything else?

August, 5, 2012 AT 1:44 AM

Basics are engine checks. Compression, fuel pressure and spark. Then we will proceed to see if there is anything else we need to look at.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma