CAR STORAGE PLAN OF ACTION TO GET THIS CAR RUNNING

1994 Chevrolet Cavalier

Kbooth721

May, 6, 2012 AT 4:15 AM

94 RS Sedan with the 3.1 v6 auto Found this car in a garage I don't know how long it has sat but need some help on what would be the first plan of action to get this car running?

caradiodoc

May, 6, 2012 AT 4:18 AM

If the battery is run down, charge it for at least an hour on the lowest setting. If it has been sitting dead for a long time it will be sulfated and need to be replaced.

Kbooth721

May, 6, 2012 AT 4:25 AM

Should I drain and flush all fluids before cranking the engine to avoid any possible damage?

djcl

May, 6, 2012 AT 5:57 AM

I woult first get it running then drop all the fluids after it warms up

caradiodoc

May, 6, 2012 AT 11:00 AM

Oil is oil. It's the additives that break down with mileage and heat. I've never had a fuel-related problem with two cars that are run so little I fill the tank about once every ten years but I have heard of other people having some trouble. Even if you were to drain the fuel, old gas will still be in the injectors so if the engine is going to start, it's going to run on that old gas.

Antifreeze also doesn't change. It's the additives that wear out in about two years. That's why we replace it every two years. No harm running the engine with what's in there now.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe