MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WAS COMING ON CAR WOULD ...

1993 Toyota Corolla

Anonymous

April, 2, 2013 AT 2:17 PM

My check engine light was coming on car would bog down and kill you could start it again then the same. We changed the relay and the fuel pump, ran okay for a couple of days then then same so we changed the throttle sensor and ran great the next 3 days and then same the car ran fine turned it off and now check engine light and car will turn over then kills. Have any suggestions on what could be going on without bringing to dealership and spending high $.

April, 2, 2013 AT 4:52 PM

Have you retrieve the trouble code for the MIL indicating?

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/toyota-trouble-code-definitions-and-code-gathering-method-1990-1995

Check above link.

sharonmartinez

April, 2, 2013 AT 5:49 PM

We did the paper clip thing bc auto zone said they didn't have anything to check with it did the 4 blinks than pause then 1, we change the throttle sensor it ran for 3 days then started again, we did the same thing when it wouldn't start and it just kept blinking, we also changed the ignition switch sensor today and still no help. I understand the car is old but never had this much trouble since I got it.

sharonmartinez

April, 2, 2013 AT 6:54 PM

Now the check engine light is very dim and just flickers

April, 3, 2013 AT 5:28 AM

If the MIL is dim and filckers, it could mean power supply fault or a bad engine computer.

Check for poor ground circuits. Are you still gtting the same code?

sharonmartinez

April, 3, 2013 AT 8:07 PM

Computer was fixed, it starts but check engine light stays on and car still bogs down like it wants to kill and you can smell that it's not getting the right fuel mixture.

April, 4, 2013 AT 4:34 PM

DId you recheck for trouble codes?

sharonmartinez

April, 4, 2013 AT 4:41 PM

Yes check engine light now just stays on and it wont give a code

April, 4, 2013 AT 5:14 PM

The computer has not been fixed. It is faulty.

sharonmartinez

April, 5, 2013 AT 10:20 PM

OK check engine light stays on, when we pull the spark plug wire it's yellow instead of blue, car stays running but when accelerating it bogs down and wants to kill and fuel mixture smell is still off?

April, 7, 2013 AT 3:26 AM

Yellow sparks means a weak ignition coil and that can cause loss of performance but the MIL staying on, that is what you need to resolve.

TPS Sensor Step by Step Replacement Guide