• gerhardziervogel
  • 1993 Opel Kadett

Good Day

I have a 1993 Opel Kadett 1600 GSE, Pierburg carburetor model, which keeps on cutting out. I've narrowed the problem down as the computer box (tested my computer box in a monza and the monza's box in the kadett, the kadett ran fine, but the monza started giving the same problem after a week or 2). I tried to get the box tested and fixed, but no one can give me a definite answer as the problem is on and of, it'll run fine for a couple of weeks and then just start cutting out, then I'd scratch around with it and it stops giving problems for a while again.
I'm just looking for some details on this computer box. All that's on is is the name Dupec and the number 16, and as far as I can figure out, Dupec is a South African company that does cheaper electronic parts that replaces Bosch parts. Can anyone give me info on these computer box, or the original Bosch it comes with, a model number or something that I can look it up on where to buy it?

thank you in advance

Thursday, January 31st, 2013 AT 9:02 AM

• cheslynmoses

Have you checked your dustributor because sometime they loose firing and the car dies. There is a small black electronic box inside when you remove the cap so sometime it does not corrospond to your computerbox. Mine had the same problem so I overhauled the carb plus changed the computer box and I still had the same problem.I don't say it is the problem with your car but I'll advise you to check it.

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 AT 12:43 PM