1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse car running poorly

MARQUIS.PEAY
  • 1993 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 95000 miles

my car check engine light came on said o2 sensor upstream malfunction but before I changed it the car would run fine until it heated up then it would idle funny once the engine warmed and die on me every time I came to a complete stop it a 5speed manual. Now heres the weird part I changed the o2 sensor but with every new sensor I put in the car either wont start or runs like miss firing and idiling poorly cant even drive it why with every sensor I try it runs like worse but when I put the bad sensor in it runs fine before it warms up

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 9:42 PM

Check and test the idle speed controller, Mass air flow and throttle position sensor-also clean out the EGR and PCV valves

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 10:14 PM
MARQUIS.PEAY

Well my question is how come when I put the old o2 sensor in the one thats giving me the check engine light it satrts up perfectly and runs but it does idle a little high but stil runs and drives until engine warms up then it starts to shut off when I come to a complete stop

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 10:20 PM
MARQUIS.PEAY

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 10:24 PM

The oxygen will not cause an engine to stall if there's a problem to it, it will cause the engine to run rich that's all its gonna do-

Why don't you check the voltages on it if its switching accordingly-could be the computer itself, wrong type O2 sensor

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 11:41 PM
MARQUIS.PEAY

Im just confused because the o2 sensor thats throwing the code seems to be the only one that makes my car start and run somewhat decent I just dont get why when I put a new one in you would think it would run better but its runs worst its weird

Sunday, October 24th, 2010 AT 11:50 PM
NIVRE

Hi I'm Ervin and, I have a mitsuvichi eclips GST 1995. The problem its that RPM gage up and down when it turns on and, I have to keep aselereting or it will turn off by it self, what can, I do

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 AT 9:32 PM