I HAVE TO REPLACE A WATER PUMP AND I WAS TOLD IF...

1993 Ford Aerostar

nicholassmith

December, 23, 2012 AT 4:50 PM

I have to replace a water pump and I was told if I remove the water pump I have to do the timming chain cover and when I remove the timming chain cover it will throw out the timming is this true

hmac300

December, 23, 2012 AT 4:55 PM

What engine do you have
no you sholdn' t have to remove the cover on eitehr 3.0 or 4.0 as it is a v6 and has a small chain not a belt or larger chain.

hmac300

December, 23, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

Shoot wrong pic. This si a 3.0 and all that needs to be removed is waterpump

nicholassmith

January, 1, 2013 AT 5:01 AM

Ok wish I would of known that I already did the tiiming cover gasket and oil pan put a new water pump on but wait thats just the begging, iv also done plugs, wires, cap, rotor, air filter, oil change, fuel filter, new belts, and I cant remember more rite now but anyways its the 3.0 and it has a short timming chain to answer your question. It ran ruff before I did all this?@#$%$%%$## And now it seems like it runs smoother but still missing could I have thrown the timming out I put marks and did my best to keep it in place. Or did I knock off a vaccumme line while doing all this work with all the space ford gives you under the hood of one of those things

hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first auto parts scan for free. Low fule pressure will cause a miss as well asa vacuum leak so use choke sparay to check for aleak if the rpm's change you found it. And not if you messed up the chain it probably woldn't start or run like crap meaning absolutely no power. Taking chain cover off doesn't effect the chain.

nicholassmith

Thanks alot I will check that out. And let you know how it goes have a happy new year !

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement