CAR WILL START FINE BUT WILL NOT HOLD IDLE ONCE ...

• Anonymous
  • 1993 Dodge Stealth

Car will start fine but will not hold idle once warmed up. Dies after running for about 10 minutes. Computer reads barometric pressure sensor code. I bought a new IAC and map sensor in hopes that would work but I cannot seem to find map sensor. Could you give me an exact location for the map sensor in a 1993 Dodge Stealth SOHC base model? Thank you in advance for the help.

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 4:00 PM

• hmac300

It's built int to the airflow sensor on air cleaner

Monday, October 29th, 2012 AT 4:54 PM
  • williamtaylor1

The barometric pressure sensor is in the MAF itself. I have tried to change it with no effect. I have also replaced the fuel pressure regulator, all 6 injectors, plugs and wires, distributor cap, and ignition coil. I believe the IAC is fairly new, but bought another replacement that I will put in this week. I bought the MAP sensor from advanced auto. It has 3 prongs for a plug and a port for a vacuum hose. I have the service manuals for 93 stealth and cannot find any mention of a MAP sensor. The part is year and model specific, but is it possible the car does not have one?

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 1:06 AM
  • hmac300

Read the previous answer.

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 AT 12:57 PM