• Tiny
  • em5409
  • 1993 Citroen AX
  • 4 CYL
  • manual

I recently split a transmission cooler line on my 1993 chevy cavalier. The line is no longer manufactured and I am stuck. Can I replace it with a high pressure hose? What is the right thing to do?

Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 3:50 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • hmac300
  • Expert
  • 43,007 posts

If you replace it with hose, just make sure to try to flare the ends of the good part of the line so when you clamp it it won't come off. There is only about 30psi going through the lines so it should hold it. You can also repalce it with compression fittings on each end with either coper or steel ine. Just make sure it's the same size.

Was this
Sunday, March 6th, 2011 AT 4:08 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions