INTERIOR LIGHTS WONT TURN OFF FOR 1993 CHRYSLER ...

1993 Chrysler Le Baron

solange710

November, 11, 2012 AT 2:29 PM

Interior lights won't turn off for 1993 Chrysler Lebaron convertible.

Haynes and Chilton manuals do not have the fuse block or power distribution diagrams for my car. I'm unable to find the relay. Door jamb switch has been changed with no luck

Fuse Box Diagram

caradiodoc

November, 11, 2012 AT 2:39 PM

There's two door switches. If you open one of the doors and press the switch, can you find one that will turn the lights off? Did you try turning the dash light rheostat?

solange710

November, 11, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

Tried both switches, nothing turns the lights off. Only pulling the fuse kills the interior lights, power door locks and radio. What is the dashboard rheostat and where is it located? Sorry nothing on this car matches up with the manual

caradiodoc

November, 11, 2012 AT 7:04 PM

Remove fuse # 26, a 10 amp. That should kill the lights. Remove the black connector from the Body Computer. That should be behind the right front kick panel. Look for the yellow wire. It's at the far end of the longest row of terminals on the opposite end as the key way. Close the doors so the switches are off. Measure the resistance to ground on that wire. If you find near 0 ohms, a switch is on on or that wire is shorted to ground. If you find an open circuit, suspect a short inside the computer. You should see 0 ohms on that wire when you open either door.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang