CAN OIL IN THE SPARK PLUG WELL KEEP CAR FROM STARTING?

1993 Chrysler Cirrus

Shishypat

March, 25, 2012 AT 4:55 PM

Yesterday the car was running hot; needing to get it to someplace that it could be worked on, we added water to radiator and drove it home. It ran fine. This morning after it was cooled down, we discovered it was very low on oil, added 3 quarts, also topped off the radiator. Then we discovered that overnight, it really leaked, but can't tell yet where it is leaking from. Tried to start car, it turned over and started, but died immediately, twice. Third time, it wouldn't turn over. After further checking, discovered that the spark plugs are really wet with engine oil. Could this be preventing it from starting? I'm thinking that when we added oil, the first two firings pressurized the system and soaked the spark plugs, so it won't start now.

March, 25, 2012 AT 5:08 PM

Are you leaking oil or coolant? I wouldn't drive it like that, fix the leak. Any applicable trouble codes? How long since a tune-up? What is litre size of engine? At least clean out the spark plug wells, replace plugs and spark plug wires. Test for spark at the plugs.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet