1. Oil cooler is mounted between oil filter and cylinder block.
Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system.
2. Remove lower engine cover. It may be necessary to remove alternator. Remove front exhaust pipe. Remove exhaust manifold with catalytic converter for access to oil cooler (if necessary).
3. Remove oil filter. Disconnect coolant hoses from oil cooler. Remove relief valve and plate washer from center of oil cooler housing. Remove oil cooler-to-cylinder block nut. Remove oil cooler and "O" rings.
1. To install, reverse removal procedure using NEW "O" rings. Coat "O" rings with engine oil. Coat threads and area below head of relief valve with engine oil.
2. Install oil cooler with oil cooler-to-cylinder block nut and relief valve loosely installed. Tighten relief valve and then the nut to specification.
3. Use NEW gasket when installing exhaust manifold and front exhaust pipe at catalytic converter (if removed). Add engine oil as needed. Fill cooling system.
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 2:37 PM