How do I replace a front driver side axle on a 92'loyale 4 cyl.
have the same problem?
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 4:27 AM
FWD AXLE SHAFT
1. Apply parking brake. Remove front hub cap and axle shaft cotter pin. Loosen axle shaft nut. Raise and support vehicle. Remove front wheels. Remove brake caliper assembly from steering knuckle without disconnecting hydraulic line. Wire caliper out of way.
2. Remove axle shaft nut, conical washer, and center piece from axle shaft. Remove brake rotor. On inboard side of axle shaft, drive out roll pin securing axle shaft to transaxle.
3. Remove tie rod cotter pin and nut. Using a puller, disconnect tie rod end from steering knuckle. Remove steering knuckle-to-strut retaining bolt(s). Remove pinch bolt and separate ball joint from lower control arm.
4. Remove steering knuckle and axle shaft as a unit. Remove axle shaft from steering knuckle by using Adapter (922493000 ) and Remover (921122000 ). See Fig. 1.
1. To install axle shaft, insert outboard end of shaft in steering knuckle. Use Installer (92243000 ) to insert shaft through knuckle. See Fig. 6.
2. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Check seals at both ends of axle shaft and replace prior to installation, if necessary. Lubricate transaxle seal lip with transaxle oil.
3. Install a NEW retaining roll pin on inboard side of axle. Ensure conical washer and center piece are installed correctly. See Fig. 7.
4. Apply brakes and tighten axle shaft hub nut to specification. If hub nut needs to be aligned with cotter pin hole, nut may be tightened up to an additional 30 degrees of rotation.