CAR STARTS BUT WONT ACCELERATE AT ALL. IDLES GREAT

1992 Pontiac Bonneville

savagecowboy

March, 3, 2012 AT 1:12 AM

I have been having small problems with this car for a while. Just recently I was having a driving problem it would stutter and die at 2000 rpm intermittently my first thought and diagnosis was a faulty maf with this repaired the car ran great for about a month then it wouldnt go over idle with out stalling out my fuel pressure was a little strange so I replaced my fuel pressure regulator but that wasnt the problem, it was sitting for two months so I decided to clean out the intake with some seafoam nopw it goes a bove idle but not above 2- 2.5 grand and it backfires intermittently I am down to thinking either severely clogged fuel lines or my coils or icm is bad please help the only testequipment I have is a dmm

saturntech9

March, 3, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

What about a clogged exhaust have you checked the exhaust back pressure yet?Also have you checked for codes?

savagecowboy

March, 3, 2012 AT 1:44 AM

Oh also the fuel filter is 2 months old fuel pump is 2 yrs old so r the battery cables spark plugs show no signs of oil or misfire or over heat. One of the coils was replaced when it died about two years ago oxygen sensor is about 7-8 months old

saturntech9

March, 3, 2012 AT 2:51 AM

Have you checked fuel pressure also have you thought about maybe water in the fuel etc?Any codes in the computer?

savagecowboy

March, 3, 2012 AT 4:58 AM

I checked the fuel pressure before I replaced the fpr thats why it got replaced fuel pressure didnt jump at all when a vacuum line was removed. Only code was from my misadjusted tps that has been fixed. I dont have a way to check backpressure but the donut in the exhaust was just replaced 3-04 months ago because it was leaking visibly, the rest of my exhaust tubes are welded and have no cracks or holes(smoke test performed)

saturntech9

March, 3, 2012 AT 5:13 AM

Do you have a cat on that car?

savagecowboy

March, 3, 2012 AT 5:14 AM

saturntech9

March, 3, 2012 AT 5:23 AM

You could have a plugged cat unbolt the cat from the exhaust pipe and see if the engine revs up.

savagecowboy

March, 3, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

I cant its welded I would have to cut it off

saturntech9

March, 3, 2012 AT 5:26 PM

Drop the pipe at the manifold start it and see if it revs up right?That will take the cat and exhaust out of play. Then atleast you can rule that out.

savagecowboy

March, 5, 2012 AT 12:11 AM

Ok I droped the pipe and the problem is still there

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang