REAR SPRING SUPPORT UPPER REPLACEMENT

1992 Plymouth Acclaim

hofsiss

The upper supports on the rear coil springs are very rusted. What all is involved in replacing them? I had one person tell me it would cost more than the car is worth and another say the would have to cut the frame and weld new steel in. To me it looks like they are just held to the frame with bolts. Any ideas?

caradiodoc

If you really think sheet metal that holds up the weight of the car is bolted in, head to a pick-your-own-parts salvage yard and unbolt a pair to put in your car.

You have a really nice car, especially compared to the new stuff the insane engineers force on us, but it has no frame. Unibody construction is much stronger and lighter, ... Until it rusts away. The proper repair involves welding in new formed sheet metal. That is not a big job for most body shops but it is not going to be cheap.

Safely Replace Your Coil Spring Like a Pro
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado