MY CAR STALLS AT STOPS

• csbucher
  • 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass
  • automatic

Hello, My car keeps stalling out. It almost always happens when im turning into a parking spot, and sometimes happens when I'm at a stop sign. I went to autozone and they said they thought it was a leaking vacuum tube. Wondering what your thoughts are, and if you think it is indeed a vacuum tube leak, where that is in my car so I can check it out. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 4:16 PM

• JDL

How long since a tune-up? Any applicable mil codes? Clean the throttle-body and check the iac/idle air control.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 4:28 PM
  • JDL

The vacuum diagram is for 92 2.5 vinr. I'm not sure which cutlass you have or the litre size of engine? Courtesy of autozone.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 4:39 PM
  • csbucher

I had a tuneup recently and they said everything was good so its definitely a recent thing that happened. And could you just tell me what and where the vacuum tubes are in my car. Because the man at autozone said I could probably just fix it myself if its what he thinks it is. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 5:07 PM
  • JDL

The vacuum line diagram is above. That's all I have.

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 AT 5:29 PM