HOOD LATCH CABLE BROKE UNDER HOOD

1992 Mercedes Benz 190e

Anonymous

November, 27, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

Hood latch cable broke under hood. How to manually trip latch to replace cable

dan lincoln

December, 3, 2012 AT 9:33 AM

You have to determine where the break is. You must access from below. If you can access the fasteners for the grille from below, removing it may help gain access. If its accessible, push the lever the cable pulls. I have used long slim tools that were rigid. On some I have been able to reach it by hand. On others, the engineers had covered this mechanism with a protector plate so I had to remove the bolts holding the latch to the core support. Car ramps may help, but jacking and safely placing jack stands is the safest way to increase access from below. Please let us know what works on yours. Once you have it released, if the cable is still attached, you can pull it out of the cable sheath and arrange it to be pulled from a location of your choice. This ought to buy some time while you order parts. Happy hood

Hood Latch Stuck Closed
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet