THE SWITCH ON MY DASH FOR CLIMATE CONTROL ...

• andrewkoehler
  • 1992 Lincoln Town Car

The switch on my dash for climate control functions no longer does anything. No matter what I put it on, Max A/C, A/C, floor, vents, defrost, nothing switches on. It doesn't matter if the fan is set to max or auto, nothing comes out of the vents. My A/C worked fine yesterday.

What can I start to get this fixed? I have a feeling the problem is with the switch on the dash that selects A/C, floor, defrost, etc.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

• hmac300

Check for a vacuumleak or a line off all motors for moving air are vacuum operated. See if the switch gets vacuum and move sit to other places by disconnecting a line at one of the vacuum motors on teh havec under dash. You could have a line off at engine or underhood

Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 2:14 PM
  • andrewkoehler

I have no clue where to look for stuff like that. Do you have any diagrams or pictures that could help me?

-1
Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 2:30 PM
  • hmac300

Have a pro check this as it'sauto temp control andcan be other things as well. You'll just get into trouble trying to fix it.

-1
Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 AT 3:13 PM