92 ranger 3.0 V6 dealer recall in 95 thumping in cooling system eratic temp gauge recomended fix cooling system bypass kit no longer available BY pass off lower rad. Hose but need to where it should connect
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 1:42 PM
We have no pictures for this it shows a hose and heater connection so I wold imagine it goes to the heater hose but don't know which one.
But check all this stuff first
1. Check that base timing is at 10 BTDC with SPOUT disconnected.
2. Check for excessive exhaust system restrictions. A restricted exhaust could elevate cooling system temperatures.
3. If dash mounted cooling temperature gauge fluctuates, check that gauge and sending unit are functioning properly.
4. Check for restrictions or kinks in the radiator or heater hoses.
5. Pressure check cooling system for leaks.
6. Confirm proper Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor signal to EEC IV processor. Refer to TSB Article 93 24 8 (Cooling System Thermostat Diagnosis) for tool and procedure to check thermostat.
7. Check for correct 50/50 coolant mix. Verify that freezing point is 37 C (+/ 3 C) or 35 F (+/ 5 F).
8. For 1991 93 Rangers, install a 110 kPa (16 psi) Radiator Cap (F4TZ 8100 B). These model year vehicles originally came with a 90 kPa (13 psi) radiator cap.
9. If concern still exists, install service Coolant By Pass Kit and verify that concern has been resolved. Refer to the APPLICATION CHART in this article.