92 ES DOHC ENGINE MISS

1992 Dodge Stealth

bkorbe

April, 1, 2011 AT 12:39 AM

I purchased a 92 dodge stealth for my daughter. It's the 3.0 liter DOHC engine. It has 110K and was running great. This week, it started acting like it wasn't firing on one cylinder. It did this on start up one time and went away. Now it's all the time. Starts and idles fine. The idle is a little lower then it was and there's a slight pop-pop sound in the exhaust that wasn't there before. Power is down and gas consumption is up. When taking off, it shudders in the lower rpm range in each gear enough to shake the steering wheel. I recently cleaned the MAF sensor about a month ago and the Idle Air Control and the throttle body. Was running beautiful until now. Any help is appreciated.

merlin2021

April, 1, 2011 AT 9:10 AM

Run a compression test.

bkorbe

April, 2, 2011 AT 1:16 AM

Will do. I was wondering if I might have a stuck or burnt valve possibly. Water temp stays fine, oil pressure is good. Guess I'll get a compression guage from Autozone this weekend, pull the upper intake manifold and get it done. Thanks.

merlin2021

April, 2, 2011 AT 1:54 AM

Ok I'll check back for the results remember pull all plugs then screw the gauge in and crank 5 times. Remove fuel pump fuse.