WHAT WOULD CAUSE A 92 CHRYSLER FIFTH AVENUE NEW ...

1992 Chrysler New Yorker

Anonymous

April, 2, 2013 AT 10:32 PM

What would cause a '92 Chrysler fifth avenue new yorker 3.3 liter to stall, lose power and die during a normal drive. It starts right back up and drives normallywith good power and is not rough or anything. I changed the spark plugs and wires, crank sensor, oxygen sensor, and just recently got the motor mount fixed. My mechanic ran a fuel pressure test, voltage test, checked all relays, and he still can't figure out the problem. I already spent alot of time and money on this problem and can't afford for another part to be fixed that is not the problem. Just this morning I was warming the car up and for the first time it died while in park. I have heard about electrical problems in the PCM and something about the catylac converter. Could the catylac converter or the PCM cause this problem. Or is there something else that you would think it could be?

caradiodoc

April, 3, 2013 AT 12:20 AM

The first thing is to check for diagnostic fault codes. Next, you have to be more specific on the details and time intervals. Since it starts up right away, that rules out sensors as a likely cause so there may not be any codes set in the computer. If the stalling only occurs at idle or when approaching a stop sign, the battery may have been disconnected or run dead recently. Relearning "minimum throttle" is real easy but you have to know what to do. If the stalling occurs most often when you start coasting from highway speed, you may have a fuel volume problem, (not pressure). The most common cause of that is a collapsing or plugged strainer in the gas tank.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast