92 SEVILLE SMOKING

• chris57fomby
  • 1992 Cadillac Seville
  • automatic

Why is my 1992 cadillac seville 4.9 liter dumping to much gas its smoking like crazy out the pipes and it drains my fuel fast how could I fix this problem?

Sunday, November 21st, 2010 AT 10:10 PM

• factoryjack

If an injector is stuck open, it will expell lots of white smoke, and will smell of raw fuel. If it is black smoke and running poorly, could be possible faulty map sensor or vacuum source to it.

Sunday, November 21st, 2010 AT 11:58 PM
  • chris57fomby

Its just a big cloud of smoke I took the injectors out the motor and cut it on and one injector in the front and one in the back keep shooting gas out fast how do I fix it do I replace all the injectors

Monday, November 22nd, 2010 AT 6:48 AM
  • factoryjack

Yes, replacing the two injectors would be advisable. The injectors have constant power on I believe(color) the pink wire, and are controlled with pulsed ground from the PCM. If there is two that are leaking with key on pressure, disconnect them electrically just to check. If they still leak, replace them. I don't see a need to replace them all, unless you feel that contaminated(dirty) fuel may have played a part in the cause. Otherwise, just replace the two.

Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 AT 6:45 AM