ENGINE STALLS AFTER WARMING UP WONT START UNTIL COOLS DOWN. GIVES CODE FOR O2 SENSOR

1992 BMW 118d

kempfriar

October, 23, 2011 AT 11:02 PM

Vacuum? Catalytic conv? Bad O2 sensor? '92 bmw 525i : It has been running ok but low fuel mileage and exhaust leak. Muffler shop tightened exhaust manifold and fixed leak. Ran for 1 day then extremely low rough idle and surging as driving and fault code for O2 sensor. I replaced leaking PCV elbow and grommet at brake booster and a cracked air intake tube. Car started and idled perfect but stalls after 5 -10 minutes and wont restart which I assume is when engine is up to or close to operating temp. Before replacement of 2 previous mentioned parts, I could keep it running by constant rev or when it surged I could stomp it a couple times and it would regain power. Help please this is an elderly friend's vehicle and she has no money so she is counting on me

Dr. Hagerty

March, 25, 2013 AT 12:05 AM

Look at live data and read current fault codes and repost please

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast