ENGINE STALLS AFTER WARMING UP WONT START UNTIL COOLS DOWN. GIVES CODE FOR O2 SENSOR

• kempfriar
  • 1992 BMW 118d

Vacuum? Catalytic conv? Bad O2 sensor? '92 bmw 525i : It has been running ok but low fuel mileage and exhaust leak. Muffler shop tightened exhaust manifold and fixed leak. Ran for 1 day then extremely low rough idle and surging as driving and fault code for O2 sensor. I replaced leaking PCV elbow and grommet at brake booster and a cracked air intake tube. Car started and idled perfect but stalls after 5 -10 minutes and wont restart which I assume is when engine is up to or close to operating temp. Before replacement of 2 previous mentioned parts, I could keep it running by constant rev or when it surged I could stomp it a couple times and it would regain power. Help please this is an elderly friend's vehicle and she has no money so she is counting on me

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011 AT 11:02 PM

• Dr. Hagerty

Look at live data and read current fault codes and repost please

Monday, March 25th, 2013 AT 12:05 AM
  • Dr. Hagerty

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/bmw-obd1-1995-and-earlier-code-definitions-and-retrieval-procedure

Monday, March 25th, 2013 AT 12:05 AM