NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH

1991 Toyota Celica

Deemccracken

September, 28, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

The car is an automatic. It will not turn on what so ever. The door light do come on. But I get nothing else. The neutral swith was meast with so I believe that is the problem. My question is there are two wires going in to the plug. One of the wires. Does go in to the wiring harness. But the other one is not connected at all. I cannot find where the wire goes to. Does anyone know where the switch wire connect to.

September, 28, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

I believe you are refering to the clutch pedal switch. The Black wire is from the relay to the switch and the other White/Black is to be grounded.

Deemccracken

September, 28, 2012 AT 7:55 PM

Would you have any ideal which relay it would go to. I just have a cut wire and have no ideal. But I believe your right about the other wire it is the ground so the wire that goes to the relay is the one I need.

Wrenchtech

September, 28, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

He stated he has an automatic.

Where is this switch you are referring to?

September, 28, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

Wonder how I missed that part of the question?

For automatic transmissions there should be more than 2 wires for the Park and Neutral Position switch.

Yes, where is the switch you are refering to located?

Deemccracken

September, 28, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

It on the front of the car no trans. It moves when you put car in different gears. It sets right behind the fan.

September, 28, 2012 AT 8:42 PM

You mean this one?

Deemccracken

September, 28, 2012 AT 8:49 PM

That would be it. I know that there is more then two wires. But I was under the oppression the other wires would stop the car for getting power to the car

September, 28, 2012 AT 9:16 PM

Only 2 wires are for the starting circuit, the Black being power supply from the ignition switch while the Black/White is linked to the starter solenoid switch.

Deemccracken

September, 28, 2012 AT 9:34 PM

Thanks I see if I can run that down to find where the wires for ingnition switch

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz