SHUDDERING VIOLENTLY AFTER GEAR CHANGE.

1991 Nissan Sentra

maclue

May, 3, 2011 AT 2:40 AM

Hi, My car is a Nissan Sentra Manual. It has recently been serviced etc, but it has started to shudder in every gear sometimes quite violently.

For example when I shift from 2nd to 3rd gear at about 40-50kms per hour once in third gear it jumps and feels like it is about to stall until it reaches about 60-70kms per hour at which it stops, unless I shift to a higher gear. Then the process repeats in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th etc.

It also has resulted in me not being able to hold the car at it's biting point without stalling.

It isn't my driving either! I have had this car for a while.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

fixitmr

May, 3, 2011 AT 2:53 AM

So I take it it is RPM dependent? Under certain rpm it shudders? Thge lower the RPM the greater the strain on the ignition system. When was the last spark plug/plug wire change? Could also be weak coil.

fixitmr

May, 3, 2011 AT 3:01 AM

If not engine performance related then perhaps a bad axle joint or trans/motor mount?

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma