HAVE A VERY LOW MILAGE ACCORD

1991 Honda Accord

1quickdriver

October, 19, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Have a very low milage Accord.
ALB light will be on only after driven 20 feet and will not turn off until ign is off. When start and run the car again, the light is off until drive it for about 20 feet again.
Check wheel sensor, they all works. No fault code registered.
Any idea?

1quickdriver

October, 19, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

All wheel sensors and ABS rings looks to be clean as well.

saturntech9

October, 19, 2012 AT 8:52 PM

How did you check for codes?Also did you inspect all the wheel speed sensor wire harnesses?

1quickdriver

October, 19, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

No code.
Check all sensor, spin wheels and multimeter show continueity, therefore ( I guess ) sensor is good.
Wiring harness seems to be all in great shape.

saturntech9

October, 19, 2012 AT 10:37 PM

If the abs light is on there should be codes.I was asking how did you check for codes?Because I dont see codes getting retrived with a scan tool.

1quickdriver

October, 19, 2012 AT 11:38 PM

Because once you turn off the car, abs light is not on.
I jumper the plug on the passanger side for code, but no code found.
Also, since there is no code when every time we start the car again and if you drive the car below 15 km/hr ( roughly ), the ALB light will not come on, no matter how long I drive. It comes on only when it reaches a certain speed ( I would say it is roughly 16 km/hr or up ).

1quickdriver

October, 19, 2012 AT 11:42 PM

By the way, should the ABS motor runs for a couple of second when we first start up the car, Just like the fuel pump pressurized the system when you turn to "Ign ON"?

saturntech9

October, 19, 2012 AT 11:52 PM

Here is how you get abs codes I posted the instructions if the like comes on while you driving a failure was detected and a code should have been stored. The pump noise you hear should be the abs self test.

1quickdriver

October, 20, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

Just like it said, after ign on, no abs light, therefore no fault code registered.
Also, what I meant is, I DIDN'T hear any noise from the ABS pump after ign on.
My question is, is it supposed to be any noise or self test at ign on?
If so, maybe there is no power to abs pump in the first place.
But I checked, all fuse is good and relay is also good too.

saturntech9

October, 20, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

I posted some info on the abs light coming on. The pump maybe running to pressurize the abs system its a pressurized system. Iam postive about the self test but to pressurized the system would make sense.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front