I JUST HAD MY FRONT AXLEBEARINGSSTRUTBOOTS ...

1990 Nissan Stanza

donnawoodlee

October, 22, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

I just had my front axle, bearings, strut, boots replaced but there is still play in the wheel when you jack it uo an shake the wheel. Now also when I drove last night then parked there was brake fluid all over the ground and it looked like it was coming from backside of front wheels mainly on driver side. Please help me im out of money on all this im female but I will try to fix it myself if possible. THANKS DONNA

October, 25, 2012 AT 6:10 PM

Check the steering tie-rod linkages for wear if the excessive free play is horizontal. For vertical freeplay, check the ball joints.

You need to remove the wheel to check where the brake fluid leak is comning from. It could be a ruptured hose or a faulty caliper.

donnawoodlee

October, 26, 2012 AT 6:51 PM

Thankyou so much I will check that. ALSO WHERE THE DRIVER SIDE AXLE GOES INTO THE WHEEL INSIDE THAT BOOT IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS LOOSE NOT CONNECTED OR SOMETHING AND WHEN I PULL MY SHIFTER DOWN TO REVERSE DRIVE ECT IT MAKES LIKE A GRINDING SOUND IN THE GEERS. NOT WITH CAR RUNNING OR DRIVING JUST GOING THREW THE GEARS. AND ON MY WHEEL PROBLEM THAT HUB IS LOOSE VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL IF YOU ASK ME BUT YA KNOW I AM FEMALE WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT CARS, ALTHOUGH AFTER ALL THIS WITH THIS CAR I MAY BECOME THE BEST DAMN FEMALE MECHANIC IN TEXAS LOL THANK SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP DONNA

October, 27, 2012 AT 5:31 PM

The front axle seems to be the one causing the problem. Either the central nut is not torqued correctly and/or the wrong part is used. You would need to recheck the work done.

The grinding noise could be the CV joints are of the wrong size and shaft is too small and turning inside the joint instead of providing the torque to move car foward.

Good luck to being the best female mechainc in Texas and don't forget to send me a glass of champagne when you are officially announced as one.

Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Axle Seal Replacement
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Level Check
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD