TEMP PROBLEMS

1990 Nissan Pulsar

neilconnah

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:54 AM

Temp gage up and down were should it sit when running on a pulsar n13 1990 1.8le

Temp Gauge

June, 4, 2012 AT 1:59 AM

It should not go up and down.

Check the coolant level. Check the thermostat.

neilconnah

June, 4, 2012 AT 2:35 AM

Well I did change coolant and look at thermostat. Thinking maybe faulty thermostat, I tested it in a pot of water, slowly bring the water to almost boiling and it was very slow to open but closed a little quicker when put in cooler water. Does this indicated a sticky or faulty thermostat? Didnt look like a standard thermostat either. Are they sold separately or do they come complete with the housing?

cadieman

June, 4, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

As the stat opens and closes. The heated water gos into the rad. And the cool water goes back in the engine. Make sure the rad. Fan is working. The temp. Gauge will move up and down slightly when the stat opens and closing. Remove the coolant and fill with water. Then remove the upper hose at the radiator. Start it and u should watch the stat when it opens all the water will pour out the upper hose. When the stat opens

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer