1. Disconnect and connect the pressure line using seal ring tool No.09631-22020 or equivalent. When connecting, use a torque wrench with a length of 13.39 inches.
2. Disconnect righthand tie rod end using ball joint puller tool No. 09628-62011 or equivalent.
3. Remove drive belt as follows: 1. Loosen adjusting bolt.
2. Loosen through bolt and push pump forward.
3. Remove drive belt.
4. Remove adjusting bolt and through bolt, then the power steering pump from lower side of vehicle body.
5. Remove pressure hoes from pump using suitable wrenches.
6. Reverse procedure to install, adjusting drive belt and bleeding power steering system.
1. Ensure fluid in reservoir tank is at proper level.
2. With engine speed below 1000 RPM, turn steering wheel from stop to stop three or four times, keeping at full stop position for two to three seconds.
3. Ensure fluid is not foamy or cloudy.
4. Measure fluid lever with engine running then stop engine and measure fluid level again. Maximum rise of of fluid is.20 inch.
5. If a problem is found, proceed as follows: 1. Disconnect return hose from reservoir tank and drain fluid.
2. Fill reservoir tank with fresh fluid.
3. With return hose placed into a suitable container, start engine and run at 1000 RPM. After 1 or 2 seconds, fluid will begin to discharge from the return hose. Stop engine immediately at this time. Ensure some fluid remains in the reservoir tank.
4. Repeat steps b and c four or five times until there is no more air in fluid.
5. Connect return hose and correct fluid level.