THE ACCELERATOR IS VERY HARD TO PUSH

• 19gipper49
  • 1990 Chevrolet Silverado

The accelerator is very hard to push. It is o.K. A new cable was installed and the "foot-feed" is o.K. Attached to the EFI housing are 3 cables. One is the accelerator cable and it's new. I don't know what the other two do. On the side of the EFI unit housing is a spring and a metal plate on to which the three cables are attached. Is the problem with the EFI unit, the spring or one of the other two cables. Truck runs fine but one frrequently "burns out" at an intersection because the accelerator is so hard to push. Appreciate your suggestions.

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

• ASEMaster6371

One is for the trans throttle pressure control. The other is cruise control.

Disconnect one at a time to see if it is cable related or the throttle body itself

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 8:17 PM
  • 19gipper49

Thanks. Roy. I knew this was a good thing but I just hadn't done it. I was wondering if something about the EFI could be causing this? I"m betting it has something to do with the spring.

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 AT 10:38 PM