AILED DUE TO CODE P0440

1990 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

marcellusburns

September, 23, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

I had my emission done on my car and it failed due to code P0440.I need to know what to look forward to fixing and were its located.

I have a 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT, I need to know what is needed to be done to help my car pass it's emission with failing code P0440. My engine is a 3.1L, please help me!

hmac300

September, 23, 2012 AT 10:54 PM

You hav eto see why it's leaking vacuum on your evap system. It's a black box iwth a valve on it by the fueltank. The valve may be staying open. But once it 's fixed you'll need to get the code removed. Also for emmission change oil and filter and drive about 10 miels on eway if you can

September, 23, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

Check for the following: Cracked or punctured EVAP canister.

Damaged or disconnected source vacuum line, EVAP purge line, vent hose, for fuel tank vapor line.

Poor connection at PCM.

Inspect harness connectors for backed-out terminals, improper mating, broken lock, damaged terminals, or poor wire connection.

Check for intermittent in circuit.

Check for kinked, pinched or plugged vacuum lines to EVAP purge or fuel tank vapor line. Also check for restrictions.

Faulty or damaged evaporative canister.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang