COVERD THE VALVE COVER BREATHER AND KNOW IT LEAKS OIL OUT THE FRONT PART OF THE ENGINE?

1989 Toyota Pickup

xtriton661x

June, 2, 2012 AT 4:00 AM

Air intake was rigged so I tried to bandige it and this prob acurred

cadieman

June, 2, 2012 AT 4:23 AM

What are u trying to fix?

xtriton661x

June, 2, 2012 AT 5:02 AM

It didt seem to have alot of power and idiled real low the truck is lifted and on 33, s but I know it should have more tourqe and acelleration started looking at the engine compartment and notice alot of rigging goin on. Thats when I noticed the air intake tubing taped a cracked so I cut it back to get me by until I got a new one but unfortinitly covered the valae cover breather tubing that comes from valve cover. Truck ran decent until I parked and noticed oil dumping out of the engine. I just bought it a week ago and really hate to scrap it cause it doesnt seem to have much power.

June, 2, 2012 AT 6:01 AM

You cannot plug the breather as the blow by gas would need a way to get out and usually this would mean through seals.

xtriton661x

June, 2, 2012 AT 6:59 AM

Thank you I guess that was a stupid mistake. It looks like its cuming out around timing cover I think cant pinpoint yet any sugestions?

June, 2, 2012 AT 7:33 AM

Most probably the seals requires replacement due to age. You would need to remove the timing belt and cover plus the crank and cam dprockets to replace them.

xtriton661x

June, 2, 2012 AT 4:45 PM

Thanks for the info

cadieman

June, 2, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

Is it the cover or the crank seal?

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma