ESTIMATE FOR ENGINE REBUILD

1989 Mazda b2600

2CarPros-Archives

December, 1, 2010 AT 6:29 PM

1989 Mazda B2600 4x4, 150,000 miles. I want to rebuild the engine and have the clutch replaced. There is no major problems with either the engine or clutch; it burns some oil but probably normal amounts for the mileage. What is a ballpark figure that this would cost, and what are the degrees of re-build; do I need to specify certain procedures? What is normally done in a re-build? The rest of the truck is in good shape. Thanks in advance.

2CarPros-Archives

December, 1, 2010 AT 6:38 PM

The price for a quality engine rebuild and new clutch, parts and labor varies and you should get a few estimates. The following labor should be done or parts replaced: hot tank block, bore and hone block, new pistons and rings, regrind crank, resize rods, new rod and main bearings, resurface head, grind valves, new timing belt or chain, new oil pump, new clutch and pressure plate, resurface flywheel, boil and rod-out radiator and new water pump.

Air Filter Replacement
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma