WHAT TYPE TROUBLE LIGHT I CAN USE WHILE WORKING UNDER A CAR OR PICKUP?

• joe1953
  • 1989 Ford Ranger

When I am working under a car or pickup I need a good work light.

Monday, August 20th, 2012 AT 1:27 AM

• caradiodoc

Check Sears, Walmart, and auto parts stores to see what kind you like. LED lights are very energy efficient. Incandescent lights get real hot. Florescent lights have expensive bulbs. You don't want to drop one of those.

Some run off the car's battery so you can use them in an emergency alongside the road. Some are rechargeable; nice when you don't want to get tangled in the cord.

Monday, August 20th, 2012 AT 1:36 AM
  • joe1953

Which light you think I should buy, the LED lights, I do want a light that will run off the car's battery.

Monday, August 20th, 2012 AT 2:24 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

I HAVE MANY LIGHTS

I DO HAVE A FLORESCENT THAT RUNS OFF OF EITHER 110 V AC OR PLUGS INTO CIGARETTE LIGHTER. OR CLIPS ONTO BATTERY TERMINALSI TAKE THIS ONE WITH ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE

I LIKE THE HALOGEN (VERY HOT) LAMPS ON A SHORT SQUATTING TYPE STAND TO LIGHT UP THE WHOLE UNDERNEATH OF MY JEEP---TO FIND TOOLS AND SUCH

I LIKE A SHORT SKINNY FLORESCENT LIGHT TO CRAM INTO THE TIGHT SPOTS WHERE I AM ACTUALLY WORKING---GOOD LIGHT. AND IT'S NOT SO BLINDING

I ALSO LIKE HEADLAMPS----FOR THE FREEDOM

I HAVE SEVERAL OF THE OLD BULB TYPE----THESE ARE MY "LENDERS" OR IF I CAN'T DO ANY BETTER. THE DRAW BACKS ARE, ONE HARD BUMP AND YOU ARE SEARCHING FOE A NEW BULB/ BUSTED AND NOW YOU ARE CRAWLING IN GLASS/ BLINDED OFF AND ON AS YOU WORK/ GETTING BURNED WHILE IN A "TEDIOUS REPAIR SITUATION" THAT YOU JUST CAN'T LET GO OF

OTHER PLACES YOU MIGHT LOOK ARE A PAWN SHOW, HARBOR FREIGHT, AUTO PARTS STORES

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND

Monday, August 20th, 2012 AT 3:04 AM
  • joe1953

I bought a light from auto part store it runs of the car battery what I don't like about it I will need a good battery, thanks you for answers my questions.

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 AT 3:06 AM