WHY IS MY CAR NOT TURNING OVER

• woodysan
  • 1989 Ford Mustang

I have a 89 mustang with a 5.0. Motor, the problem I am having, is I can push start the car and it runs fine, but as soon as I shut it down it will not start up, I can hear the starter solenoid, the horn and lights work, when I turn the key on the fuel pump engages, I engage the clutch and all that I get is the sound of the starter solenoid. The starter will not engage none what so ever. Also there is a lot of heat under the engine bay

Friday, January 6th, 2012 AT 12:49 AM

• rasmataz

Have the starter motor load tested and then check and test the starter relay and then get back with me-

Friday, January 6th, 2012 AT 12:57 AM
  • roblauderdale

Does the starter still have the heat shieled on it. I have had them go out with out some cover over it with headers. Check the wire conectiomn on the starter they come loose sometimes.

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 9:02 PM
  • cadieman

TEST FOR START SIGNAL AT THE STARTER FROM THE INGITION SWITCH ON THE STARTER SELONIOD. IF YOU HAVE THIS THE STARTER IS BAD. TY FOR USING 2CARPROS

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 9:47 PM