I HAVE A CHRYSLER NEW YORKER LANDAU AND I HAVE ...

1989 Chrysler New Yorker

Anonymous

January, 27, 2013 AT 1:10 AM

Hi I have a chrysler new yorker landau and I have a rubbing noise I don't know where its coming from I recently changed the bearings on the back side of the car and the bearing on the drivers side front of the car I have no idea what it could be the problem could be please help me out

Wiring Issue?

caradiodoc

January, 27, 2013 AT 6:12 AM

Can't really hear it over a computer. Given the recent repair work, I'd start by looking at the front disc brake splash shields to see if one got bent and is rubbing on the rotor. If it is, you can just pull it back by hand.

There is a tool you might be able to borrow or rent from an auto parts store that borrows them called the "Chassis Ear". It is a set of six microphones, a switch box, and headphones. You clip the microphones to suspect points, then drive around while listening with the headphones. You can move the microphones around to zero in on the source of the noise. Be aware that many mechanics have never seen or even heard of this tool. Suspension and alignment mechanics use it to find rattles, squeaks, and other noises.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
 Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer